The Original Pavilion
The Pavilion was the center of beach activities for many years until it was torn down in 1960. This photo was taken in the
1920's probably from what is now the end of Pearl Street Extension. The Higgins Beach Inn stands out on the right with the
Meserve cottage on Houghton Street just to its left. The water tower was at the top of the hill on Pearl Street.
With trees and many new cottages in the way, there is no way to capture the same view today. So, working from above, we
show below an aerial shot with the Pavilion location shown within the red outline and the approximate camera location shown
by the red "X"